This fall, some of you may be preparing to send a teenager off (or taking one of them back) to college. Moving into the dorm freshman year is an emotional experience for everyone; you’re sad and worried to leave your teenager on their own and he’s likely hoping you won’t start telling embarrassing stories about them to their new hall mates.Read More
Have you ever been doing a massive organization of your home and put something in the donate pile that makes you think, “but I really spent too much on this to just give it away.” This amount is different for everyone but it’s a common sensation.
Then you start considering your options for selling that item and the amount of work it takes to do it. Consignment shops are great but you have to schedule a drop off time, have them evaluate your things, and hope someone ends up purchasing the items. There’s not even a guarantee the consignment shop will accept your items.Read More
Summer is in full swing. The kids are on summer vacation, the pool is open, and the weather is perfect for tons of outdoor activities.
If you’re feeling like summer snuck up on you and you weren’t prepared, never fear! There is still time for you to organize your home to make your kids’ summer a blast and keeping you sane in the process.
Below are our V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N tips for getting the kids organized this summer.Read More
Summer is a notoriously busy time, what with balancing work with your kids, vacations, keeping your home organize, parties, and BBQs. But, there’s something about the longer days of summer freedom that trick us into thinking we have more time than we really do.
If by this Fourth of July you realize you’ve fallen victim to this illusion of summertime productivity, it’s time to rethink your daily schedule and recapture your freedom this summer. Check out our article to learn more about productivity apps and tricks!Read More
If you are looking to participate in Splurge Day but don’t want to add more clutter to your home with unnecessary clothing, kitchen items, or collectibles, try some of these tips that will allow you to have your cake and eat it too.Read More
Summer vacation planning can be very overwhelming but, with the right tools at your disposal, you can stay organized and on top of the chaos. There are many apps and websites that can make your life much easier when it comes to organizing your family summer travel.
Armed with these apps, you’ll have no problem taking care of your summer trip.You might even get to enjoy some of the trip!Read More
Memorial Day weekend is upon us! For many, this signals the official start of summer when families eagerly dust off their patio furniture, light up their grills, and dig their summer whites out of the back of the closet.
For others, Memorial Day means working on a whole new to-do list specifically for summer, like cleaning outdoor equipment and figuring out what to do with the kids while they’re on summer break.
To help you kick off summer, we’ve compiled a quick guide on how to kick off your summer to-do list with some awesome tips!Read More
Since the day you were born, it’s been happening. It doesn’t discriminate between gender, age, race, status, or income. It’s an equal opportunity event that can happen at any time. It’s been known to frustrate and puzzle even the brightest, and often remains an unsolved mystery. It may have happened in your household this week, or may be happening right now as you read this article waiting for the next load of laundry to finish.Read More
Whether you head off to work daily, have a work at home job or are the executive of your own home, one of your added tasks is being the administrative professional for the day-to-day management of your family. In honor of Admin Professional’s Day, I wanted to share with you 6 of my favorite tips on being the administrator in your own home.
Let's keep it simple and focus on just two categories: Organizing digital files and staying on top of emails. Just these two areas alone will save you tons of time and energy in the management of your home.Read More
April is the time of year when we begin really focusing on Spring cleaning and decluttering. It is also that time of year when we honor the planet with Earth Day. Here are some great tips that can help you get the "stuff" out of your space while still being environmentally friendly.Read More
If you've lived in Boston long, you are familiar with Evacuation Day. This unique Bostonian holiday remembers the first major American military victory in the American Revolutionary War. On March 17, 1776, the British troops left or "evacuated" Boston after a battle with the Americans.
With the history in mind, what type of “evacuation” could you do in your life? Maybe it could be “evacuating” negative things from your life like people or even foods. One major thing to eliminate for the season is clutter.
We all know spring is around the corner and spring cleaning is fast approaching. Here are 5 tips to “spring cleaning” different things in your life for the year 2017.
- Eliminate unhealthy relationships – We all have heard the phrase “New Year New Me”, but is that true? Have you found yourself trying to better yourself but the people around you try to steer you in a different direction? You may not notice it right away, but take a moment to think about who is in your life and the role they play with supporting you. Always try to surround yourself with people that encourage and support you.
- Eliminating clutter – Whether you need to clean an office space, your closet, or maybe even your whole house, I clean area makes things so much easier. Have you ever come in a cluttered area and just get overwhelmed? That feeling is the worst, but there’s only one way to solve it…..clear the clutter! Purging can be a great stress reliever and just relaxing time to yourself. Being in an area that is light on things can help you think clearer and get things done faster. Now you may think that purging a large space can also be overwhelming, but just remember to go one step at a time and take breaks as needed.
- Eliminate your fears – This topic is the biggest of them all. Excuses can hinder you from doing things that you want/love to do and a lot of the time, this can be due to fear. Fear is the number one thing that can stop you from doing what you want to do. Will you continue to allow fear to hinder you from your dreams and aspirations?
- Eliminate the need to stay the same – Allow change into your life. It takes strength to accept change as it awakens the fear inside. Have you ever felt like you do the same thing over and over again and nothing seems to change? It is time for a little change in your life and FAST! If you have the same daily routine, try switching things up. For instance, if you wake up and from then you are busy all day every day, find some time for yourself to just relax and look at the difference it makes. Start by allowing yourself to change, by eliminating some, or all, of these negative elements and opening yourself up to true happiness.
- Eliminate the worries of the past – This last one may simply be the easiest, “Don’t Sweat the Past”. As easy as it may seem, things of the past constantly haunt people. This is bad because holding on the things of the past can and more than likely will affect your future. Never allow your past to consume you and hinder you from your goals and aspirations in life.
Whether you are evacuating the negative relationships, clutter, or fears; celebrate Evacuation Day this year with something worth getting out of your life. By applying these tips, you can live a happier life full of motivation, encouragement, and most importantly…. happiness!
Spring clean your wallet? Your purse is your life line, but it also can get full fast. That makes every space in your purse precious and the more you can organize and slim down, the better. Your wallet is one of the easiest places to slim, and it will make your life easier if it gets lost or stolen. Not only that, you will have an easier time looking for the correct card to pay at the register, and not worry about things falling out of your wallet when you pull out cash. Here are five strategies to spring clean your wallet and having it look slim and sexy again.Read More
Fun winter crafts without the mess may seem like an impossibility and keeping children occupied during winter breaks and snow days isn't for the faint of heart. If you put on the television, your children become zombies and then come back to life in the evening. However, if you give them the run of the house, you will spend the entire day cleaning up after them. Crafts are a great go-to when the weather turns sour, and does not always have to end up a mess to clean up. Here are a few ideas for crafts that your kids can do that leave no mess behind.Read More
How are you doing on your New Year's Resolutions? Need to give them a reboot? If so, you are in good company. Only about 8% of the goals that are set are ever achieved. That's kind of a sad statistic. What, then, can we do to better improve our chances of reaching our goals?Read More
Are you starting to think about turning your holiday tree into a Valentine's Day tree? Maybe you want to add some pretty hearts to that green garland to make it February Festive!
Don't worry if you've procrastinated putting away all those wonderful holiday decorations. It's often a little sad to think about the transition from Halloween to Thanksgiving to the holidays of December. This is what we affectionately call PHDS, Post Holiday Decorating Syndrome. PHDS often occurs in January when we are facing taking all the decorations down with nothing to replace them with. It's the sadness of getting back to basics with our home decor. So how do you avoid the temptation to keep the tree up year round and just change out the decorations? Here's some tips.Read More
You are ready to decorate your home, have guests over and enjoy festive celebrations but getting your home ready for the holidays and making space for all the extras can sometimes feel very overwhelming. Here are some simple and easy tips to begin getting your home ready for the holidays and making some extra space.Read More
The countdown is on for that time of year when many of us are collecting gifts to give away to those we love. With this cherished tradition comes the need for extra gift storage and wrapping paper organization. We have you covered!Read More
Black Friday. It's the annual wind down of Thanksgiving and official start to shopping season. Traditions have cropped up that include everything from pulling all nighter parties until the stores open to creating tag teams that divide and conquer. So what are the best tips for getting the most out of Black Friday shopping without going totally overboard with more STUFF?Read More
Are you having guests this holiday season or will you be leaving for a nice vacation get-away? Either way, this time of year tends to add more and more stuff to our already overwhelmed to-do lists. This helpful list will help you get your plans in order and be well on your way to enjoying the holidays with less stress.Read More